[NSRCA-discussion] Bearing tip for OS 1.40 RX

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Jul 2 20:36:16 AKDT 2006

Tom,
Been using Castor Oil as an after run oil and in my fuel (mix of syn and
castor) for a very long time. Works great and I have no issues with varnish or any
adverse affects. Until recently, I stored my stuff in the garage in hot and
humid Florida. In general bearings in my Webras last about 400 runs or so
before they need replacement.

The only "premature" failure so far has been the 160's bearing (lasted longer
than "50-100" though), and which was primarily caused by lean idle and mid
range settings. There were also other circumstances that didn't help the bearing
(about 8 month idle time between Florida and New Jersey)

I agree it probably isn't as simple as  what was stated, but Ed's point is
that OS has a winner with the EFI bearing, so why not use that part from the
start at the factory? Makes sense to me.

MattK

In a message dated 7/2/2006 11:50:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,