[NSRCA-discussion] E Stuff

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Mon Jan 23 08:14:07 AKST 2006

Yep.
RS
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Earl Haury
  Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 10:08 AM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] E Stuff

  Richard

  So your 3200 packs are 150 g. or so lighter than 5K+ packs. I would expect pretty short life from these as even a conservative power usage for a flight will be equal to total pack capacity. General consensus is that 70 - 80% max discharge will result in longer pack life than higher, certainly voltage under load during a flight will be higher toward the end of flight. Add that to your observation that they aren't lasting @ 20C and your findings on life seem normal. The power density (capacity / mass) is about 3/4 that of the 5K packs (typically higher C ratings come with a weight penalty), scraping the weight from the airplane somewhere and using larger packs is probably  a good move.

  Earl