[NSRCA-discussion] E Stuff

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Mon Jan 23 06:29:54 AKST 2006

Hi Stu,
They'll quit at 10S, or 42VDC. That's the voltage above which electrical
codes (both local and  international ) say you need to treat wiring as
if it was "mains" wiring, with insulation and creepage distance
requirements. It's not a big deal, really. You have a house full of
wiring, including the power supply of everything that plugs into a wall,
that meets the requirements, without having to do anything fancy. LiPoly
is easier to construct for high current discharge. With Li-iion, it is
easier to get high energy density, at the expense of current delivery.
Some of the early 2S lithium-ion setups for flight packs were actually
dropping down below the regulator voltage setpoint under peak loads. Don
Szczur's Dad diagnosed that one, at least in this part of the country.
It's gotten better since then.
later,
Dean

Dean Pappas