[NSRCA-discussion] 3M tank configuration

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Thu Jan 19 05:27:59 AKST 2006

Jason,

How do you make electrons jump through the hole in the firewall that used to
be used for nitromethane/alcohol fuel transfer?  And would a diode be useful
here incase some of the electrons wanted to jump back?

In the case of the 3M, alcohol fuel mixture is not usually intimidated by
firewall transfer. Therefore normal venting to the rear of the tank is the
preferred method... unless you want a dripless airframe...then an easy flow
checkvalve with a  fuel dot for fill venting is acceptable.

Smooth FLying...

Wayne Galligan