[NSRCA-discussion] 3M 170 bearings

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 15:00:04 AKST 2006

Hey I just bought some 'Lectric Shtuff and this is an excellent tip, thanks
Ron. I think the Lithium grease, especially the Marine Grade, will also work
wonders in the 'Lectric Plugs. All them sparks when the bat'ry is plugged in
makes the gold plating disappear. The Lithium Grease will take care of
that!!!!  I can't wait

Matt

In a message dated 1/14/2006 4:27:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vanputte at cox.net writes:

On  Jan 14, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Steven Maxwell wrote:

>  You might  need to change the bearings in the speed control too

I conduct monthly  lubrication of all my speed controls.  Since I use
lithium polymer  batteries exclusively, I use marine grade lithium
grease applied with an  aerosol can.  Regular lubrication significantly
reduces bearing wear  and virtually eliminates the requirement to change
the bearings in a speed  control.  In fact, I have never changed the
bearings in any of my  speed controls.

Ron Van Putte