[NSRCA-discussion] What is an all composite plane????

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Fri Jan 13 05:30:27 AKST 2006

AeroSlave pattern aircraft kits are 100% composite. They are primed in the
mold but not painted. Lance and I had discussed the possibility of
painting in the mold but decided that there would not be a market for
identical cookie-cutter painted planes with bad seams. Pattern flyers are
indiviualists, and think for themselves, preferring to add that special
touch that truly makes the plane "theirs" instead of blindly following
trends dictated by some China-man, semi artist kinda dude.
 But I could be wrong.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"Ed Miller" <edbon85 at charter.net>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
01/12/2006 07:35 PM
Please respond to
NSRCA Mailing List <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [NSRCA-discussion]   Where made?

I agree, had a CRS moment. I was really thinking of the painted in the
mold all composite planes like the Vivat, Impact, Angels Shadow, etc.
Ed M.