[NSRCA-discussion] Electric Power Consumption

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Jan 11 08:17:39 AKST 2006

Dean,

  I bought a clamp-on meter from Sears, item # 03482062000, Mfr. model 55801. Very handy. There may be others, but be careful because many of the clamp-ons don't do DC current. In fact, the Sears website has conflicting specs on this model which may lead you to believe it only does AC current.

  The wattmeter mentioned is better at getting an idea what kind of true power you are using, but it has to be inserted into the circuit which means you must have everything using the same connectors. The clamp-on can be used on any circuit where you can access one of the conductors. I originally bought it to check the current in all the circuits in my RV.

  Bob R.

Dean Pappas <d.pappas at kodeos.com> wrote:
          ... Most importantly, use a current meter the very first time you try any new prop size! Sears sells a nifty clamp-on DC current meter for $50. RVP, what was the part number on that critter, again?
  later,