[NSRCA-discussion] Electric Power Consumption

Steven Maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 10 20:22:25 AKST 2006

 I'm trying to learn some of this also, so take anything I might say with a grain of salt, I will be using a standard setup this spring that many have already used.
 From Hobby-Lobby site for Actro 32-3
For 14-26 cells in propeller models and 28-32 cells in helicopters. Propeller range is 13" to 18" in diameter. This 3 turn motor has an RPM/Volt of 555, resistance of 34 mOhm. Maximum efficiency of about 89% in the 50-95 amp draw range. Power output in the 550-2000 watt range.
 Sounds like you used 5S4P in series 42 volts X  RPM/Volt of 555=23,310 rpm.
  I tried to run a setup on motor calc but there data is so outa date nothing there to use maybe somehas elecalc to do figures for you.
 The other thing I have found on Hobby Lobby site is most of the time they talk about cells is to NiMh or NiCd if Lipo's they generally say so.
   Hope this will generate some info and the best of luck.
 Steve Maxwell