[NSRCA-discussion] Re: redistricting

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 11:35:39 AKST 2006

District Champion implies a local geography.

If you take a close look at the substantial differences in the demographics of each District, you will see that the "best" point system is not the same in each District.

Most, if not all, the current District Championship systems allow for some amount of out of District Contests to count to make it easier for the guys that live on the edges of Districts.

As a matter of fact, the D1 Champ has been decided several times by an out of District Contest - in some cases involving more travel than would be possible within District 1 alone.

As was asked before, what problem would this solve?  What improvement would there be?

Regards,

Dave

From: George Kennie <geobet at gis.net>