[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba ZAP WC2 transmitter problem

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 14:32:46 AKST 2006

Does this show up in the Servo display, the screen that shows servo motion? Seems like it should.

  Brian

Peter Pennisi <pentagon.systems at bigpond.com> wrote:
  Hi all,

My transmitter has recently developed a weird problem and only seems to be
affected on the elevator channel (Mode 1)

What happens is when I move the elevator gimbals to approximately 95% down
elevator the servo will reverse to up elevator.

I have checked all my mixes and programming and can confirm this is not the
problem area. I have also checked all my flight systems and the problem is
not there.

I have cross checked everything and the consensus leads to a problem in the
transmitter. My new model has dual elevator servo's and the problem causes
both servo's to reverse so that
Confirms the problem is in the transmitter.

The problem is evident on all 6 models programmed in my transmitter.

I initially thought the problem was a faulty or dirty elevator pot but some
tests I recently carried out don't convince me this is the problem. My
suspicions are that I may have a cable problem somewhere between
The elevator pot and the main processor board so I have since ordered a
replacement set of ribbon cables.

I know most of you are asking yourself why not send the radio in to a proper
service centre. We just don't have people in Australia that I trust enough
to carry out any work with Futaba systems. I guess if all else fails
I will send it to Japan at great cost.

Anyway I recently became aware of another local WC2 transmitter which has
exactly the same problem as mine. Now I am starting to think that this may
be a common problem. Has anyone else on this mailing list ever experienced
a similar problem?

Regards,

Peter