[NSRCA-discussion] RE: 2.4 Ghz radio

Rick Kent knowhow3 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 2 08:59:29 AKST 2006

Just a FWIW, there are already at least a couple of folks who have taken the
'magic DSS module' bit of the DX6 transmitter and successfully transplanted
it into another radio, e.g. the JR 6102 tx. Presumably this is for taking
advantage of the enhanced programming capabilities and feature set of the
6102. Judging from the ongoing discussions, the JR 9303 may be the next
candidate, as experiments continue. Still others are already discussing
exploring compatibility with Futaba transmitters.

Draw whatever inferences from this that you will. R/Cers are an inventive
lot, and usually don't like being told what they 'can't' do. I can't help
believing it will lead to more and more people putting this transplanted
setup into large aircraft, as there have already been field tests documented
that reportedly refute Spektrum's claim of limited range with the DX6
system.

You can follow the discussion on RCGroups.com in the radios discussion
thread.

Rick