[NSRCA-discussion] Nose Ring

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Jan 1 17:56:41 AKST 2006

I prefer the tighter nose ring. Keeps the thrustline shift in pulling and pushing corners to a minimum. The O-ring helps to dampen the vibration transmitted to the nose of the model. It the engine slops around inside the nose ring it will transmit a hard thump as the front bearing housing wobbles around inside the nose ring. Not only is it better on your airframe but it produces less noise this way.

Reality is Merle's mount absorbs the damaging vibration and the nose ring keeps it all aligned properly so that your thrust line doesn't change on you.

I tighten mine up regularly. I change o-rings a couple times a year to help this. Another quick fit is some tape on the front bearing housing of the motor.

Troy