[NSRCA-discussion] Equipment cost andpartiicpation --

Thomas D. Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Feb 28 12:08:23 AKST 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:18:44 -0800
"David Flynt" <dflynt at verizon.net> wrote:

> So what can be done to grow pattern?  I think each of us in the
> pattern community has the answer.  Think back long ago, the moment you
> became interested in pattern.  What caused your interest?.  There lies
> the answer to growth.

For me it was the first time I flew a pattern type airplane.  I had
progressed as a pilot through trainers to low wings and then by chance I
built a Kaos.  I chose it because I thought it looked nice and fit the
only engine (OS .45FSR) I had.  Once I flew it the first time, I was
hooked!  I liked that plane so much I built three of them over the
years, the last two as tail draggers with retracts.  Pattern planes fly
so well that even novice pilots can appreciate the way they groove and
respond to control inputs.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                                 simestd at netexpress.com