[NSRCA-discussion] Equipment cost and partiicpation -- a differentviewpoint (LONG)

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Mon Feb 27 08:57:57 AKST 2006

Good post David,
I have said it before. In all reality, pattern flying is boring to most.
It takes a certain traits to get hooked on pattern flying.  Most people do
not have the traits. It will never appeal to the masses.
Do you want the pattern community to grow?  At the local club level, take
someone slightly interested in pattern under your wing.  Help them, give
them a chance to see what makes it fun for you.  If they have the traits to
become pattern flyers, they will. If not they will move on to something
different.  We as pattern geeks, once again need to start watching for
someone in your club that might be interested. Start the process all over
again.  If we are not willing to put in the mentoring time, pattern flying
will fade away.

Michael