[NSRCA-discussion] Was Mini Brio, Now Pattern Longitevity

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 10:14:19 AKST 2006

Well, good points. A question: Can it hurt?

No.

Is it really any skin off anybody's nose but my own?

Nope. I'd hope there would be a few more out there generous enough to follow
suite, especially if it has any effect.

So, I say give them something to shoot for. This is a little more than a
partially built wood kit. (BTW where in the world did you even find a wood
kit that was designed this century???) Just curious about that one.

Exposure IS the key. That's why in order for this to work, the word has to
be spread. I'm not even hoping for another 20 sportsman entries. but a
handful is fine with me, if they attend more than one contest and get the
blood flowing.

It starts in Ocala, 3 weeks from now. There are PLENTY of contests this year
in D3. And plenty of time to get the word out. So far, I've gotten a lot of
response, so it's workingat least in that regard. Whether that translates
into people at contests, who knows. Worth a try though whether it works or
not.

One last note about the Nats: I don't know if you've noticed, but the
intermediate and advanced lines get all but ignored in the coverage. I think
that sucks. I know most people are interested in the very top guys, but what
about those others that put in the time, practice and money? They get
somewhat mentioned, and then all but forgotten in the long run. I don't
believe we as a group spend nearly the amount of attention on the up and
coming pilots, unless they're a kid burning up the ranks. That's just the
blunt truth of it. Make of it what you will.

Not pointing fingers, not trying to be overly critical or confrontational,
but I'm just calling out some of the more obvious things as I've seen them
on the way up.  if it helps, great.

-Mike