[NSRCA-discussion] YS 160DZ availability

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 19:19:58 AKST 2006

In a message dated 2/25/2006 2:53:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dflynt at verizon.net writes:

I think  pattern pilots split hairs too frequently on this issue.  The DZ is
a  darn good engine.  I don't think there is anything out there that is  as
trouble free, powerful, reliable, and easy to run.  And I have  heard similar
things about OS 2c.  I'm sure they are all great  products, with differences
that may or may not appeal to you.  As for  the Webra with MC carb, I really
did not give mine a fair chance, but I  hear that they run perfect once set
up by somebody that has finished their  10 year apprenticeship in tuning 2c
engines.  I'm still working on my  apprenticeship, and maybe I can confirm
this one  day.

David

Electrics really no longer need selling to most of us but here's another
selling point: About as perfect a throttle curve as is possible, and settable
wherever, whenever and by whomever. No special skill needed, unless one is
flying Stunt with it. Love the idle speed too for the RC rigs.

But I love my Webras and actually enjoy tinkering till I get it right. It
occurs to me that with the very real plug and play possible, electrics can't
compete on that level for a true modeler. Tinkering is more than half the fun
for the few of us remaining and BTW there is nothing wrong with the TN carb-- I
 have found it extremely reliable.

MattK