[NSRCA-discussion] YS 160DZ availability

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Fri Feb 24 19:46:30 AKST 2006

>I know a bunch of folks who reluctantly went over to 2-c's because
>of the hopeless availability of the DZ's. I might add with very
>little regret once they got there. Then electric came along and the
>"faithful" are now moving to electric. "The faithful" are the 2-c
>guys who could not find a 2-c as good as their YS's or the long
>time YS guys who have had enough of waiting.

I guess that makes me "unfaithful".   ;-)

I'm not sure but I may be the only F3A pilot to never send my YS's in
to Futaba to have them serviced (this from 1990 to 1998).  I never
had to, I only had one problem during that entire time, a leaky valve
cover gasket.  Of course the 120AC's and the 140FZ were as trouble
free as YS's get.  When I saw the problems the early DZ's had (along
with the high price and higher fuel consumption), I decided to go
back to two strokes.  Never regretted it for a minute.

As far as not finding a 2-c as good as a YS, I never had that
problem.  Most of my OS's (thank you Magnum#1) and all of my Webra's
(especially the Webra's) were BETTER than the YSDZ's I saw being used.

But alas, it's all nostalgic waxing now...  :-D

Jerry
--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jerry at buddengineering.com