[NSRCA-discussion] NiMH Question

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Fri Feb 24 03:22:42 AKST 2006

If I were you I would keep the C/10 rates to charge and discharge.  I always noticed that the life of the batteries goes down when we go over C/10 rates.  In any event, the actual discharge rate when you use the batteries is never that high.  I strongly recommend that you replace those batteries.  Your plane is a lot more expensive.  When you get the new ones, keep C/10 rates for everything you do.  That is my personal advise.

Vicente Bortone

From: "Michael Cohen" <precisionaero at comcast.net>

I have 4 cells on each pack.  I am using the Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite charger.  I know when I got the packs at first, I did a 0.1C charge/discharge cycle several times to get the packs up to their full potential.  I forgot who recommended that, but it seemed to work great.  After that, I never did cycle them again until this season.   As far as the other data, after this next round of cycling, I'll let you know.

----- Original Message ----- 1