[NSRCA-discussion] YS 160DZ availability

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 08:22:17 AKST 2006

My best electric dead-stick was when my big  Hacker motor unscrewed itself from the gearbox.

The gearbox is the part that is fixed to the motor mount. The motor spun in the opposite direction to the prop until the gears disengaged. It did it long enough to twist the three wires that go to the ESC into a fine braid-like form.

Unfortunately the ESC was ripped apart a.k.a. dead!. The motor had gear damage. A costly repair. Luckily the stationary prop allowed a dead-stick landing that made it onto the runway.

Regards,

Eric.