[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder mix instead of right thrust?

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Tue Feb 21 09:55:05 AKST 2006

Hi Bob,
What you describe is pretty much what I have done for ages.
My real tack, these days is to make a plane that requires less right thrust, because when the thrust angle is low enough, the plane will fly properly with the rudder straight.
Unfortunately, some designs need all of three degrees and then some more rudder. Thes airplanes fly funny.
I think Nat has the right idea.

Oh, your paragraph describing the necessary throttle management ... BINGO!
later compadre,
Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer