[NSRCA-discussion] List problem?

Thomas D. Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon Feb 20 08:04:43 AKST 2006

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:27:44 -0500
"Anthony Romano" <anthonyr105 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I seem to be recieving only part of the messages out there. When I
> read  someone's reply the question and part of the discussion is in
> the message  but appears to be from emails that I didn't recieve.
>
> Anyone else have this?
>
> Anthony Romano

Hi Anthony,

I've looked at the last several days of mail logs for the list server
and I don't see anything but successful deliveries for your hotmail
account - the most recent bounce to your account was back on
February 6.  It is possible that some messages in a thread might be
mis-categorized by anti-spam software, have you checked that
possibility?

A good way to verify whether or not you are getting all the
messages in a thread is to look in the archives:

http://lists.nsrca.org/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/

If you can give me a specific example of a message that appears in the
archives, but did not make it to you I will be glad to dig into the logs
further.

In general the time lapse between when a message comes into
the list server and the last copy is kicked out to the distribution is
on the order of 1-3 minutes depending on server load.  The archives are
updated before the first distribution message is sent out - so the
archives are about as fresh as you can get.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                                 simestd at netexpress.com