[NSRCA-discussion] Hamburg Contest

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 20 07:45:12 AKST 2006

Since the Pocono contest is being discussed - I thought I'd add my $0.02...

I've been attending for about 15 years and will continue to do so as long as the event is held - Why??

- many RAMAC club members support the event - always friendly faces and competent help at registration, impound, and at the grill.
- CDs, chief judges, flight line coordinators have been many different faces over the years, but always willing to own up to problems when they occur, and always willing to fix errors and try to make things better the next year.

- The field itself is always well prepped - beautiful grass field, pit area, and tent area.  Zero overfly issues and plenty of room for 2 flightlines.  Parking can be a bit tight on years with big turnouts, the backdrop is a hillside, and morning sun isn't ideal, and flying in river cut does lend to some challenging winds depending on the wind direction - but these are the same for everyone and in no way detract from the quality of the field and contest.

For all the RAMAC'ers out there, please keep things just the way they are, and Pocono will continue to be one of the best attended pattern events in the northeast.

Dave