[NSRCA-discussion] Show Time 4D 90 ARF

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sat Feb 18 19:03:18 AKST 2006

Then recommended servo is the 9411 which many of us are using on ailerons in our pattern models. We just use the 9411SA instead of the original for the pattern models.

I have my ShowTime setup with a old 120AC and 8411's all around. Its an outstanding model. I have not really played with it a bunch but it will get a good show in the next few weeks. I personally feel that this is an excellent pattern model for a guy that is looking to fly Sportsman and Intermediate. Advanced depending on the quality of the pilot. I have a review going to be available for setting this model up as an entry level  pattern machine. I will have control throws and CG that will work for the Pattern setup and also some other little tidbits. I will keep you guys posted as I plan to have it all completed in the next few weeks.

We are going to be finishing up some video of it in sequences also.

Overall I would say its an easy homerun for a Sportsman or Intermediate pilot that is looking for a model. $260 for the model...some good servos, and a good motor. and it will be absolutely perfect. Many guys have old YS 120 laying around and as I did they will work superbly in this plane as a pattern platform.

I'm looking to help promote pattern better and I think there will be some new stuff coming in the future to do just that. Keep your eyes open. I can't let the cat out of the bag totally yet....but it will be fun and benefit the guys that are starting out for the first time and guys that have been here a while but still are hungry for information.

Troy