[NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Sat Feb 18 10:26:55 AKST 2006

I was planning on using dilithium crystals.  They seem to have a pretty good
energy content.

(What was the fuel source used in Lost in Space?)

Back to reality, although the current crop of batteries seems to do an
adequate job, we are not yet seeing a bunch of people claiming 100 - 200+
cycles per pack.  Although I will take the plunge I will wait till the last
minute to buy the battery packs.  It seems that we need to get to the next
generation to either have a greater rate of  discharge or decrease the
weight a bit further so that we never come close to the capacity of the
packs.  Right now it seems as if the packs are getting pushed too close to
their limits.  Some survive OK some do not.

Just my 2 cents.

Stuart

  _____