[NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Sat Feb 18 09:08:26 AKST 2006

Well said!
Dean P.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org on behalf of Earl Haury
	Sent: Sat 2/18/2006 6:27 AM
	To: NSRCA Mailing List
	Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Electric vs. Glow

	Bob

	Regenerative braking is the holy grail for hybrid E vehicles also. While the motor is an effective generator with the controls available, the issue is the ability of the batteries to accept the resulting high charge rate. Some systems have been designed using capacitors to smooth the flow, but large capacity requirements limits practicality. Of course with LiPo charge rates in the 1 - 3C range, this becomes even more problematic for our systems.

	Earl