[NSRCA-discussion] SODA BOTTLE FUEL TANK

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 04:25:54 AKST 2006

In a message dated 2/16/2006 5:01:20 PM Central Standard Time,
perkinsrx at centurytel.net writes:

I’ve not made any smart comments  in a while  SO here goes.
<That's almost a pound of fuel  the airplane must be a light weight.>
That’d be closer to a pound and a  half. Last time I looked a pound was 16oz
(454Gm).  SOOO that 33oz bottle  that is now 24ozs (full) would be more like a
pound and a half, down from the  original 2.06pounds it started life as. Of
Course if we’re gonna get that  serious we’d hafta talk about the specific
gravity of the fuel – so I’m kinda  out on a limb with this
But since most of us do take off  with a full tank (except those electron
guys) Can you feel the difference in a  2m plane changing weight well over a
pound, even if it’s located on the CofG.  At my level of experience, especially
since I’ve not touched the sticks since  Hurricane Rita, I’m not gonna voice an
opinion. You guys tell  me.
Eddie