[NSRCA-discussion] SODA BOTTLE FUEL TANK

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Wed Feb 15 14:19:45 AKST 2006

FYI...   I had a conversation with a flying friend the other day about the
soda bottle fuel tanks and the way they shrink.  He happens to work for
Pepsi and explained to me that the bottles are blow molded.  He said if they
are not used with in a certain period of time that the memory in the plastic
takes over and they will shrink in size and then they have to discard the
old bottles.  The carbonized soda keeps the shape of the bottle till used.
He said that most likely the nitro content speeds up the process and could
explain why some of you using them with higher then 15% nitro are
experiencing this phenomenon.
So.... drink another one.... rinse and fill.

Wayne Galligan