[NSRCA-discussion] YS DZ pump settings

adriancwong at earthlink.net adriancwong at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 11 19:53:58 AKST 2006

Ed,

I had the same clogging issue with my 160 using that Magnum DZ fuel 6 months ago. However, Buzz from Magnum isolated the problem and changed one of the fuel component, problem solved since then.

Did your friend ever send the engine to YS for de-carbonization? In addition, did he use a different header? Once the engine developed carbon, problem will not go away by just switching fuel. Also, if the header is full of carbon, the opening will get smaller and smaller. Eventually, chocking the engine. I had the same issue, with engine running fine on the ground at the beginning. Within five minutes, it will run slower and slower, eventually dead stick.

Look inside the engine's exhaust opening, if there is carbon, you can see it on the exhaust valve. The only solution is to send it back to YS, and change to a new header.

Adrian