[NSRCA-discussion] Back to pattern stuff

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 14:39:40 AKST 2006

Thanks for the input Adam. I have zilch experience on the little servos so  I
don't know. BUT I will find out

Matt

In a message dated 2/9/2006 12:19:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
adam.g at sasktel.net writes:

Matt, on  the subject of the JR DS281 mini digital servo, I have some
thoughts.  I bought two of them last summer for a 3Dfoamy.com  superXtra
(1.14m span, layered depron flat shockie, outdoors, 17oz).   I used them
in rudder and elevator.  I found them to be extremely  slow.  This was
supposed to be an aerobatic and slightly 3D plane,  and I wished I had
installed faster servos.  The airplane flew like  crap, so it wasn't a
good test to evaluate the 281, but I used them enough  to figure out that
they aren't the best.

I'll probably be building  a Stevens Aeromodels Edge540 this spring.  It
will weigh about 2  pounds, and from reading user reviews last fall, JR
Sport looked to have a  servo or two that spec'ed attractively.  I've
never done a 2-3lb  electric, though, so I don't know which servo is  best.

-Adam