[NSRCA-discussion] Denial of Service attack on RCU

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 06:18:14 AKST 2006

BlankHi Ed (and everyone)

Since it was my thread that was in question, I spent the better part of this morning trying to get to the bottom of this.

Answer: it's not an attack, it's a quirk with Norton. Sometimes Norton can't tell the difference between a "real" attack and an attempt to look for cookies for faster uploads, etc. It's one reason I don't use Norton anymore. It's a great program, but the firewall section leaves a lot to be desired.

Also realize that if there is a ligitimate intrusion/attack, like an email virus, some are written to randomly "blame" something else to mask it's true information.

Rest assured, there's nothing wrong with the pic itself, or anything in the thread. But thanks for the heads up!

-Mike