[NSRCA-discussion] Denial of Service attack on RCU

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:00:25 AKST 2006

BlankHi there, this is both a friendly warning as well as a request to get an email address to contact someone at RCU.  I just had Norton Firewall detect and block an intrusion attempt, apparently from RCU's server.  Details:

IP address 67.15.230.18, node name image.rcuniverse.com, sent a MSSQL_NULL_Packet_DoS attack to my computer when I clicked on the following image in the Pattern forum, thread "RE: Black Magic v2 builder's thread! *Updated*":  http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/thumbnails/166073/Ay74527.jpg

Norton firewall lists IP address 67.15.230.18 as the most frequent attacker, with the latest attack on 2/8/2006 at 7:44:58 AM.

Be careful, it looks like it eminates from there.  I hope they can find the problem soon, but they need to be notified.

Thanks
Ed