[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Dues Increase

Steven Maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 24 18:49:55 AKST 2006

 It was only a 2 or 3 years ago that the dues was $35 they decreased the
dues to try and bringin more members in,  so it's been $30 for the last few
years now an increase to $40 sure won't break anyone, if anyone can't
afford $10 you sure can't afford fuel or electrons, or even a foamy, LOL, I
know this retired fixed income guy sure could spend the money someplace
else I beleive in supporting something I do.

Steven Maxwell

Rusty
> Dose tells us last month that we are down over $15,000 is dues and
> advertising revenue. Looks to me like this has been a sinking ship for
some
> time. The very fact that I received a renewal notice with the $40 price
tag
> on it a full week before we heard about it from the board is another sign
of
> mismanagement. A 30% increase in dues just because there has not been a
> increase in many years is not the solution to our problems. Where is the
30%
> increase going to help support precision aerobatics.
>
> I think that with all products and services in the market place today the
> NSRCA needs to show some value to the modelers out there. If this happens
> then membership will grow. Revenue will increase. And Pattern flying will
> prosper. I feel that I and other vote with our pocket books. The reason
> advertising dollars are down, the reason dues dollars are down is due
> directly to the product supplied.
>
> Perhaps the NSRCA leadership is listening but instead we talk about what
> great job has been done and how far we have come. I'm not into bashing
the
> guy that just left but Derek we have seen nothing about how to get us out
of
> this pickle we are in. Therefore I elect not to renew at this time. I
think
> there are better places to spend our money to support Precision
Aerobatics.