[NSRCA-discussion] Incedence meters alternative

Scott Smith js.smith at verizon.net
Sun Dec 17 02:56:12 AKST 2006

Never having owned an incidence meter, that's pretty much my procedure as
well Lance.  A 1/2 degree positive pitch on the 18" wing means the L/E cord
center line needs to be 4mm higher than the T/E cord center line.  This is
real easy to lay out with just a root rib pivoting on the wing tube.

I'll do one wing using the 4mm number, and then match the second wing by
measuring the T/E height off the table.  Once done, I'll check the incidence
using the top wing shucks.  With the shucks in place and a small bubble
level on each shuck, elevate the tail until the 'master' wing reads level
and then match the other side.

(I just happen to be at this step this weekend with my current project!)