[NSRCA-discussion] Winter practice plane

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 19:31:05 AKST 2006

In a message dated 12/14/2006 10:01:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vanputte at cox.net writes:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I had surgery for my second macular hole
on December 4th, this time in my left eye.  No way could I make it to Apopka.
With luck I will be able to fly R/C again and, with more luck, I will be able
to fly Pattern.  No sympathy required;. it's been a great ride and my problem
is just another thing that happens to old farts.  Can you imagine how bad
someone is going to feel when I beat them next summer?

Ron Van Putte
So thaaat's what I have to look forward to when I get there. Great!

Hey, all kidding aside, the weather in the NE is supposed to be really nasty
this time of year, but not this year. Supposed to be in 60s and moderate wind
all weekend long into next week. More Florida than Tundra. Warmest December in
NJ on record. I think there's something to this Global Warming deal.

On another positive note, I finally got to try one of the "larger" props on
the W160. Tried the 18.1x10. Weather was a bit on the cool side at around 55
the day I tried it, so the webra was making a bunch of horsepower and turned the
prop like it was toothpick. No load. As the weather heats up, this prop may
yet prove to be the right one for the engine, we just have to wait and see. In
meantime, Dean and I are planning to run even larger props on this set-up
trying to tame the beast

Way I look at it is every day without snow.... another day closer to Spring.