[NSRCA-discussion] landing zone

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Dec 3 11:59:06 AKST 2006

Jason,
Interesting wording. The Landing zone WIDTH is the width of the runway, with
a maximum of 30 meters in any case. Grass fields could be susciptible to
fudging the width to some extent as are large, omnidirectional asphalt areas. It's
assumed that you start at the zero line and work it out to a max of 30 m in
those cases, unless otherwise marked by contest officials.

The LENGTH of the zone is 100 meters but its center is undefined explicitly.
We have in general assumed it to be +/-50 m centered on each Judges' stand. I
believe there is a reference to Landing zone in Judging Guidelines on the
website. Any wheel touches outside the zone, zero points

rgds

MattK

In a message dated 12/3/2006 2:17:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,