[NSRCA-discussion] Box poles

jivey61 at bellsouth.net jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 30 11:21:36 AKDT 2006

Keith
Are you coming?

Jim Ivey
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Keith Hoard
  Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Box poles

  How about having four contestants take turns holding up large orange flags?

  On 8/30/06, george w. kennie <geobet at gis.net> wrote:
    Emory,
     Another option is to drive a piece of 2X2" pressure treated stock about 6' long into the ground about 30" and then just slip a piece of 3"diameter X 10' pvc over the 2X2".I even made up a 20 footer using a coupler and it worked O.K.  The beauty of this arrangement is that you can slip the PVC off any time you feel the need and just lay them down beside the 2X2. At 150 yards in the woods the 2X2 is invisible (and so is the pole). I spray painted the top 2 feet of the center pole flourescent green and the end poles flourescent red. Works the berries !
    Georgie