[NSRCA-discussion] Yet another prop question for OS users.

colin chariandy cchariandy at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 29 07:55:04 AKDT 2006

Dave

  I'm willing to give the 3-Blade a try...do you have one that you are willing to sell/ship to Canada.

  Colin.

DaveL322 at comcast.net wrote:
    Colin,

  Been awhile since I ran the 15.5x12x4 - not my favorite because it tended to load the motor heavily in verticals, but quiet, decent speed, and good brakes.  Probably close to the 18x10PN for load (on the ground - the 10PN will unload better in the air and is much more efficient).

  Yes, in general the sensitivity of the setup will increase with increased load.

  Dave

From: colin chariandy <cchariandy at yahoo.ca>
  Great info...thanks Dave.

  Is also safe to assume that as the load increases the set-up becomes more sensitive?

  Where would the 15.5x12.5x4 fit in?

  Colin.

  DaveL322 at comcast.net wrote:
    Colin,

  In order of lightest load to heaviest load -
  15x11x4
  18x10 (wide chord at hub, narrow at tip)
  15.75x10x3
  18x10PN
  18.1x10.1

  The 3 blade and 18.1 are the quietest props and have the best braking.  The 15x11x4 has the least amount of thrust/vertical.

  Regards,

DL

From: colin chariandy <cchariandy at yahoo.ca>
  All/OS users

  I'm still looking for the best compramise for speed control using the OS140/Aeroslave pipe and an "almost" wide body aircraft like the Temptation. Has anyone tried the new 18.1x10.1? How does it compare to the 18x10, 18x10pn, DL re-pitched 3 blades and the old 4 blades?

  I would like to try a new (currently using 15x11x4) approach but would prefer not to buy 3 new props.

  Colin.

  All new Yahoo! Mail