[NSRCA-discussion] Engine problem

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 26 06:41:16 AKDT 2006

General engine problem

I have a YS91AC that runs fine but leaks fuel around the glow plug.

It appears that the plug is not square to the head casting so the

copper gasket does not completely seal the joint.

Before I take the problem to my machinist son-in-law are there

any suggestions as to how I might resolve the problem?

History:

Bought engine at deep discount with damaged threads and had

Clarence Lee install helicoil insert. The first owner was full scale

engine mechanic so I expect the problem was from the factory.

New YS110 is listed at $329, new head-cylinder/sleeve about $150.

My personal threshold is not to spend more than 1/3 the price of a

new replacement in repair parts.

Ideas?

John Ferrell    W8CCW
"My Competition is not my enemy"