[NSRCA-discussion] New to pattern flying, entry level pattern plane wanted

Bryan Anderson 3turnspin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 24 20:03:47 AKDT 2006

Hello,

  After a long hiatus from RC, I decided this year to get back into the hobby and have always wanted to try pattern. I bought a H9 Showtime and have been flying that this summer, practicing the maneuvers for sportsman. I attended the contest in St. Charles IL last weekend and learned alot by asking questions (annoyed some folks I'm sure), but didn't fly. Now I'm really hooked on pattern!! I'm looking for a used but nice pattern style plane to begin flying to get the "feel " of the performance of this class of plane. After asking several people what I should look for, I'd like something like a Summit, Finesse, Prophesy, etc. So, if anyone in the northern Illinois area (or elsewhere) has a older plane sitting around, drop me a line. I'm in Downers Grove, IL. Thanks in advance!

  Bryan