[NSRCA-discussion] DS 8411sa Servo Oscillation on Rudder

Tommy Scarmardo tretas513 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 09:36:15 AKDT 2006

I have used 8411sa's on three different airplanes so far without any issues I don't
  know if it makes any difference but I used round Hanger 9 servo wheels on the servo
  with stainless control line cable instead of the regular servo arms. The round wheel
  makes the non pulling wire have slightly less tension when the rudder is moved. It
  doesn't get loose, just very slightly less. Maybe less wear on the servo ??

  tommy s

jonlowe at aol.com wrote:
  Thanks to all who responded. I will try the o-ring/rubberband trick,
though I HATE to add friction! The surface is definitely not heavy in
this instance, (I have a heavy Impact rudder that I won't use, so I
know what that is like).

I sent one servo back to Horizon. We will see how it does when I get
it back. I just got an 8611 I will stick in it for the time being. I
WAS using Hitec 5945's digital coreless' on rudder, but I thought I'd
move up! Oh, well!

>From all of the replies, it sounds like this is a chronic issue with
the 8411s used on rudder, unfortunately.

Thanks again,

Jon