[NSRCA-discussion] DS 8411sa Servo Oscillation on Rudder

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Thu Aug 24 06:30:39 AKDT 2006

Without going into a lot of control systems theory, the response of the
servo is going to depend upon the mass it is trying to move, the "stiffness"
(hinges, push rods, etc.), and the power of the motor (battery voltage). If
changing the servo doesn't fix the problem then I would check the friction
items in the path. The rubber bands sound like a good possible cure as they
will provide more damping.