[NSRCA-discussion] Tomcat

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.com
Thu Aug 17 16:46:47 AKDT 2006

It is a simple fact of life in the military... eventually any weapon will
become outdated, and replaced by a better weapon.

hands, clubs, stone axes, knives, arrows, flitlocks, carbines, machine
guns....

In aviation.. the Sopwith Camel was superceded by a series that brought us
to the Spitfire, Mustang, P-38, F-4 Phantom, Tomcat, Hornet...... soon..
JSF.

I expect the CAF to attempt to aquire and preserve flying examples of the
Tomcat.  You won't see them fly often... But they'll not all go to the
scrapyard.

When the weapon system is outdated... for the safety of our servicemembers
it is only prudent to replace it.

Bring on the newer, faster, more maneuverable more surviveable aircraft. And
weep not for the old which is being retired with honor.