[NSRCA-discussion] Twin elevator servo issue using Futaba 9 ZAP

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 13:33:34 AKDT 2006

Errr....finished reading (why dont i don that before push send) and sounds like your pointers arent matching during mid travels so would be links. But the slave lag is there also. ;-)

brian young <brian_w_young at yahoo.com> wrote:    I think this is a problem with the processing capability of the TX. You have a progammed mix, it reads one channel then the next. I had a 9CAP where this problem was very noticable. Now on my 9Z its not as noticable, it looks like the slave servo is a little slow to catch up. Only real solution in my opinion is a match box, y-cable or similar device.

  I can sit back and pick which servo is the slaved just watching the surfaces.

  Im understanding that your endpoints match when the surface are finished moving, and the middle is matched as well. You should be able to stop at any point in the travel and the pointers line up, when they stop moving. If this is the case your linkage would be ok.

  I think the speed of the servos has passed the processing speed of the radio.

Bob Richards <bob at toprudder.com> wrote:
    That might be the cause, or it could simply be a difference in linearity between the servos.

  Bob R.

jivey61 at bellsouth.net wrote:
  Peter
What causes this to happen is the location of the pushrod connections at the
elevators hinge points.One is not the same distance to the hinge line as the
other. Or the distance to the hinge line from the clevis's is not the same.
You corrected for the difference at max throw,but the tracking is off in
between.
Have a looksee.

Jim Ivey