[NSRCA-discussion] ESC and RX intereference

Robert Mairs robertm at sssnet.com
Thu Aug 10 02:42:51 AKDT 2006

I doubt sc or dc has anything to do with it.  I had the same problem a
couple of weeks ago and figured it was the esc, since the problem started as
soon as I switched to a new esc.  Went into hold several times at a contest.
After getting home and doing a range ck found I could only get 20-25' before
going into hold with the motor running at idle.  9z/319.

I tore out the esc, unsoldered everything.  Shortened wires to an absolute
minimum, resoldered everything back up, moved esc to the side of the fuse
from the middle, and added a glitch buster between the rx and the esc.  It's
been solid ever since.  Not sure what fixed it, but even a bad solder joint
can create noise.