[NSRCA-discussion] Electric/Glow Pros and Cons

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Aug 9 10:43:32 AKDT 2006

When I went to the Nats I threw my bicycle in the back of my wagon along
with the appropriate bike togs and cleated shoes. I think it was Monday nite
I decided to do a few laps around the complex to keep the fitness level in
my legs. Well, in case you're wondering how hot it gets inside your car at
Muncie during the day with the windows all the way down, when I picked up my
shoes to put them on the heat had melted the shoe-glue that held the soles
to the bottom of the shoes and they fell off in my hands.This glue has got
to be normally quite strong, as when you pedal, you do considerable lifting
with the upward traveling foot and significant  force is exerted on the
soles and they usually stand up to this kind of stress under all weather
conditions.
The point is that I also had some lipos in the car and they still seem to be
functioning normally, in fact I flew a pack this A.M.and it's about 3 years
old and has never been balanced (now watch, it'll blow up tomorrow).
Oh yeah, I had pumped up the bike tires before leaving home and one of the
tires exploded from expansion just sitting in the heat of the car internals
(,but the batteries are still working). I think that it will be quite a
while before the widely varying battery experiences settle into some form of
normancy a la nicads.
G.