[NSRCA-discussion] Noxville Contest??

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Aug 9 06:43:28 AKDT 2006

Fred,

  I will have to try that when I get a chance.

  FWIW, the Airboss ESC does not remove the power from the motor. it actually keeps the motor brake function turned on (verified by trying to turn the prop). It WILL drain the battery, but I like the fact that it disables (?) the system.

  I agree, the best way is to electrically/mechanically remove the battery from the system. I also like the idea of the Deans connector to enable/disable.

  Bob R.

Fred Huber <fhhuber at clearwire.com> wrote:
      \Run a little test with those ESC's....

  with the "arming switch" off, plug an RX battery to the ESC.  Then try to start the motor with the TX.

  Alternately, you can hook a voltmeter to the + and - leads of the plug for the RX, then turn the switch on and off a couple of times wathing the meter.

  If those switches do like most on ESC's with BEC, all they are doing is turning BEC power to the RX off.  While this SHOULD keep the motor from turning when you are using the BEC to power the RX, its not as sure as something you do to break the circuit to the motor battery. (such as the modified Deans plug or a removable fuse....   I like the Deans plug idea as its almost the same thing as the automotive blade fuse idea.)