[NSRCA-discussion] E-Safety idea (was: Re: Knoxville Contest??)

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Wed Aug 9 02:14:04 AKDT 2006

Personally, the simplest idea I've seen yet used a set of Deans Ultra connectors.  The female was installed in a mount in the side of the fuse and the male, with a soldered jumper, was carried in the pilots pocket.  When I carried the plane to the flight line, the pilot plugged in the male end and that was what made the circuit live.  It's a very simple idea, but, of course, you do have this plug sticking out of the side of your very expensive Pattern plane...this small detail of loss of beauty is acceptable when you factor in the safety, in my opinion.

Ken Thompson