[NSRCA-discussion] Lost Abbra

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Sun Aug 6 19:00:40 AKDT 2006

Good point Jon.  Yes, I have a JR 10X transmitter.  I noticed the same problem in a friend of mine transmitter.

I remember checking the TX screen after the crash and was on.  I flew after the crash another plane and I didn't have problems.  However, I agree 100% with your recommendation and I will do the same fix in my transmitter.  I checked the door in my TX and lach is not that powerful.  I fly with TX tray so the chance for this to happen was small but could be one possible problem.

I always read you dad articles many years ago when I was living in Venezuela.  I started to know about pattern because of him.  It was always the first article that I read as soon as I got the RCM magazine.

Thanks,

Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: JonLowe at aol.com

Vince,
What JR TX are you using?  If it is a 10x, be sure to check the TX battery cassette.  The snap on the battery door gets loose with age, and the cassette can become loose in the TX.  The cassette only has to move a fraction of an inch to break connection and the TX to lose power.  I put an piece of wing saddle tape on my cassette to help hold it in, and heated up the latch on the door with a heat gun, and bent it to restore the snap and the ability to hold the door shut. The latch being loose can let the cassette move just enough to cause the problem.

One of my Dad's friends lost two airplanes before he discovered this was happening.  I had it happen at home, on the bench, before I discovered the problem.

Jon Lowe