[NSRCA-discussion] Bin update

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Fri Aug 4 09:04:39 AKDT 2006

Jason,

You inspired me to get off my butt and run down to the Ace hardware I
normally use (ought to have bought stock 35 years ago) and order a couple
more.  Supposed to be in Tues. ..we'll see...   Also had a couple of keys
made and during the conversation, the KEY man (pi) asked what the organizers
were for-told him and it turns out he was a retired McDonnell-Douglas super
and hyper-sonic engine inlet design engineer transplanted to KC from St. L.
after his spouse had passed and he looked up and married 'an old college
chum' in this area.  Had a very nice chat and now I kinda-sorta understand
how they tame the shock waves for those engines.  I had always been curious.
That conversation alone was worth the forty bucks!  Maybe I'll get him out
to fly some time.  He also said the hardware deal was his 'hobby' job.

RS