[NSRCA-discussion] Mintor 1.70 Question

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Thu Aug 3 06:39:07 AKDT 2006

Hello Tim,
Let me see if I can offer a couple of experiments.
1) Can you fatten the idle mixture? That will help.
2) Your pipe is long, and long pipes lean the midrange, while short pipes fatten the midrange.
3) If you disassembled and re-assembled the engine, even a tiny bit of overtightening of the four screws holding the cylinder to the case will cause piston skirt and bottom end heating which will do ugly things to the base compression after warmup. This will cause leaning in both suction-fed and pumped engines. I forget the torque spec, but it was in the Mintor 140 review article in MA several years ago.

Hope that helps,
                    Dean
Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer